A 2 day workshop on narcissistic wounding and shame. 29th & 30th October 2016 Cost: £200
A 2 day workshop on narcissistic wounding and shame.
29th & 30th October 2016
Do you want to develop a deeper working understanding of narcissism and the narcissistic wound?
Do you want insight into how working with compassion (for self and clients) can support unfoldment?
The patterns, behaviours and defences of narcissism impede our relational ability. This workshop will explore narcissistic wounding and shame through the experiential use of a thought provoking and easy to translate model. The model taught in this workshop supports clearer, compassionate understanding of the origins, encompassing processes and consequences of this behaviour, and how it challenges us to stay in contact with our soul.
The group will ground their learning and development on day 2 with time spent on experiential group process, exploring our own relationship to the patterns of narcissistic wounding.
• Exploring and establishing a working understanding of narcissism and shame
• Gain an understanding of the affect of shame on intra and interpersonal relationships
• Establish contexts and applications for client work
• Develop an awareness of the drives and transference issues that can interfere with development
• Work with intra-psychic processes evoked from the topic
• Deepen our compassion to work with ourselves and others
Who will benefit:
Qualified counsellors, trainee counsellors (who are seeing clients), psychotherapists, social workers and mental health professionals
The workshop will focus on exploring a relational transpersonal model that works across different therapeutic modalities of working and understanding narcissism and shame; for ourselves and our clients. This will be an experiential and theoretical exploration.
• To explore and establish a working understanding of narcissism and shame
• To understand the affect of shame on our intra and interpersonal relationships
• To establish contexts and applications in client work
We will continue working with the models explored on day 1. The focus of this day will be personal exploration of our intimate relationship to our own wounding and patterns through experiential group processes.
• To work with intra-psychic processes evoked from the previous day’s work
• To deepen our compassion to work with ourselves and others
Trainers: Kim Shiller MSc, MBACP & Tara di Talamo MA, UKCP, AAMET
Tara is a trainer, supervisor, psychotherapist and training therapist working in private practice. Tara has a background at the Department of Health, and as a senior counsellor and manager of addictions treatment programmes for determinate and indeterminate prisoners using 12-step and transpersonal modalities.
Director of Training and Quality Assurance at Teens and Toddlers, Kim works educationally, transculturally, therapeutically, and in developing accessible curriculum and trainings, for groups, adults and young people in personal and professional development. Kim is also a group facilitator and trainer at the Psychosynthesis Trust and at WYSE, and a counsellor and psychological coach in private practice.
Read our blogs on Narcissism:
Blog 1 – click here
Blog 2 – click here
29 (Saturday) 10:00 - 30 (Sunday) 17:00
92-94 Tooley Street, London Bridge, London, SE1 2TH
The Psychosynthesis Trustenquiries@ptrust.org.uk